The Ballard Bee Company is now accepting Hive Hosts for 2015
*This program is for the Northwest area of Seattle only*
Do you want bee hives in your yard but don’t have the time or even the desire to care for them? Do you want to be part of the solution to help the plants and wildlife in your yard and neighborhood? If you want to help pollinate the neighborhood but aren’t sure if beekeeping on your own is right for you, why not be a participant in the Hive Hosting Program? Click “More” for details of the program.
How it works:
• The Ballard Bee Company (BBC) places beehives in Seattle neighborhood back yards.
• Apply and have your yard accepted as being suitable for the Hive Hosting Program.
• BBC will place two to four hives on your property.
• BBC will tend and maintain the hives throughout the year.
What you get:
• The pollination benefits of honeybees in your yard for an entire year.
• Two 12 ounce jars of BBC Honey each month during the billing season
• The satisfaction of knowing that you’re part of a solution by taking direct action that benefits your yard, your neighbor’s yards, and helps grow the population of honeybees in the city.
• A “bee education” that comes from the opportunity to watch the bees work every day as well as an informative monthly newsletter.
• Special pricing and exclusive discounts on BBC products throughout the year
What you give:
• The space in your yard to place our hives
• Permission for BBC to have hives in your yard for up to one year
• While the hives remain on your property for an entire year, the “billing season” runs only from April through September. During the billing season you are charged $120 per month. The remainder of the year there is no charge.
How to become involved:
• If you are a person who cares about promoting a healthy environment through your actions and wants honeybee hives in your yard, send us an email at email@example.com. In the subject line of the email please write “2015 Hive Host–and your last name” (putting your last name in the subject line helps us sort your application). In the body of the email please provide us with your physical address, your email address and your best contact phone number.